I doubt anybody remembers or really cared but if you've read my other blog (which I know is much more interesting when I fill it with anti-Bruno Mars rants), I have been to a number of political fundraisers and I did volunteer work for former Liberal candidate Gladys Liu during her campaign a few years ago.
Yep. Pumping helium balloons. Handing out flyers. Going around tables selling raffle tickets. Not doing exam revision and getting a crappish score for my Chinese sac.
T'was the lyf.
Experience is always a positive thing though. Yes, it actually is. We all need to
| With Melbourne City Councillor and former President of the Chinese Association of Victoria, Ken Ong, who only seemed to register any sort of interest in making conversation with me after I told him I studied arts and law at Monash Uni. He was all like "my son does the same course and is in your year." Something about how I should know him because his son is so heavily involved with club activities etc. |
| With the star of the night, Emanuele Cicchiello, who is the Liberal candidate for Bruce. He went to MWSC and was a teacher before becoming a principal and now a pollie. Seems like a very nice guy. But can a nice guy be a good politician? A trenchant question one must consider before September 14. |
| With the President of the Legislative Council and State Member for Eastern Metropolitan Region, Bruce Atkinson. Conversation with him was extremely awks. I think I just need to practice being more laidback, Aussie style. Get an Australian accent. Which REMINDS ME, Reuben watched the St Kilda FF video and said I HAD A LISP. A LISP. I know I can't pronounce 'th' but it's not as bad as an actual freaking lisp. |
| With someone all of you Asians living in Box Hill should recognise at once - he's your rep Robert Clark and the Attorney General. He went to St Alban's High School and then graduated from University High. I found it quite lovely that two of the most important people in the room both received public school educations. |
| Liberal for Hotham, Fazal Cader, who was really enthusiastic about doing an interview with me. And... a guy in a Qing Dynasty hat. Or something. He might have been someone important. Sorry. |
| MCs: Cr Ken Ong and the wonderful Gladys Liu |
| Singing and dancing. |
| More singing and dancing. |
No comments:
Post a Comment